This recipe is pretty much the same as my very first recipe ever posted, “The Easiest Grilled Kingklip”. It still seems to be a fan favourite with readers constantly confirming that it is just that: EASY! Not only super simple, but delicious and juicy too.
For those of you who love soles, baby Kingklip will be a favourite too. It pulls straight off the bone and melts in your mouth!
- Fresh Baby Kingklip Fillets (skin off, bone in).
- Crushed Garlic.
- Seasoning of choice (I used Fish Spice).
- Salt & Pepper.
- Line a baking tray with tinfoil and Spray & Cook.
- Pat the fillets dry with paper towel and lay them on the baking tray.
- Season with Fish Spice, Salt & Pepper.
- Add a generous amount of crushed garlic on top.
- Place a few knobs of butter on each fillet.
- Turn Grill function on to a medium heat and grill for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip the fillets over and repeat the process of seasoning and adding the garlic and butter.
- Grill for a further 5 minutes and remove.
- Fish is done when it starts to curl slightly and pull away from the bone easily.
- Serve with Lemon Mayonnaise if desired (see below).
- 4 Tbsp mayo
- 1 lemon, juiced
- (mix together)