Here’s a recipe specially designed for your canine best friend! What I love about these delicious doggy treats is that you can use up any left over fish from the night before. Your furry friend will love you for it!
If you have little kids at home, it’s also a great family activity. My little girl was just too excited to bake her “Nessie Noodle” some fresh fishy biscuits!
Remember to store in the fridge. You can also freeze halve the batch and use later as they freeze really well.
- 3 cups of Oats
- 300g of fish, shredded (any fish)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp coconut oil (or canola oil)
- Turn oven on to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add the oats to a blender and blend into a course oatmeal flour.
- Add the fish, eggs and oil and blend till well combined.
- Remove from the blender and work into a dough.
- On a flat surface or rolling mat, add a bit of flour and roll the dough into a flat sheet. The biscuits won't rise, so make sure they are the thickness you desire before using the cookie cutter.
- Use your choice of cookie cutter to create your doggy biscuit shapes and place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Biscuits are done when slightly golden in colour.
- I used a 7cm dog bone cookie cutter and got 30 biscuits out.
- You can half the mixture to make less.