The Sea Bass used in this recipe has been sustainably farmed at sea in pens. This makes this not only a delicious recipe, but an ocean friendly choice!
Lemon Garlic Baked Sea Bass
- 1 whole Sea Bass fillet (approx 350g)
- 3 Tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 1 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Remove Sea Bass from packaging and pat dry with paper towel
- Line a baking tray with tinfoil and grease with spray and cook
- Create a marinade by mixing the butter, lemon juice, garlic and chilli powder (optional), in a jug or small bowl
- Arrange fillet on the baking tray, skin side down
- Pour the marinade over the fish
- Thinly slice a lemon and lay the slices on top of the marinaded fillet
- Season with salt and pepper
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes (I found the perfect time for this fillet was 18 minutes)
- Use the left over sauce to glaze the fish before serving
- Do not overcook the fish. If you find you have a thin fillet, first try cooking for 15 minutes before adding those few extra minutes.
- You can substitute Sea Bass for most white fish.
The Fish Wife https://fishwife.co.za/