This marinade will work well with an array of fish and shellfish. Quick and easy to make, which as you know, is my specialty! Enjoy.
Coriander and Lime Chokka
- 250g chokka
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1 tsp sugar
- sushi mayonnaise
- Cut open the chokka tubes to make fillets.
- Remove the membrane from the chokka tubes by scoring them with a fork length ways. Any bit of residue that is retained in the fork can be disposed of.
- For the heads, remove the beak and cut the eyes off.
- Combine the olive oil, coriander, lime juice and sugar to make your marinade.
- Place the scored chokka fillets and your heads in a ziplock bag and pour the marinade into the bag.
- Seal and allow to marinade for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the heads from the marinade and thread onto a kebab stick for easy turning.
- Place the chokka fillets on a sealable braai grid which presses closed - this way when the chokka cooks, it will prevent them from curling.
- Braai on a medium high heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Enjoy with sushi mayonnaise on the side.
- For the heads, I cut the two long tenticles off so that they don't get stuck in the braai grid (however this is only a suggestion).
The Fish Wife https://fishwife.co.za/