Easy Octopus Braai
- 1 Greenfish Octopus
- Olive Oil
- Crushed Garlic
- 1 Lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Parsley
- Place the octopus in a pot on the stove and cover with water. Bring to the boil and boil for 45 minutes.
- Remove the octopus from the pot and place into a dish, drizzle with olive oil, add some crushed garlic and a crack of salt & pepper.
- Allow to marinade and cool down for at least an hour.
- Once marinaded, cut the legs apart to make 8 easy strips to braai. Place back in the marinade until ready to cook.
- On a medium to high heat, braai the octopus for roughly 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from the fire and squeeze over the juice of a whole lemon as well as some more seasoning should it require.
- Serve with my lemon mayonnaise if desired.
- When boiling the octopus, watch that it doesn't boil over.
EASY LEMON MAYONNAISE
- 4 Tbsp mayo
- 1 lemon, juiced
- (mix together)
The Fish Wife https://fishwife.co.za/