The Easiest Grilled Baby Kingklip on the Bone
This recipe is pretty much the same as my very first recipe ever posted, “The Easiest Grilled Kingklip”. It still seems to be a fan favourite with readers constantly confirming that it is just that: EASY! Not only super simple, but delicious and juicy too.
For those of you who love soles, baby Kingklip will be a favourite too. It pulls straight off the bone and melts in your mouth!
- Fresh Baby Kingklip Fillets (skin off, bone in).
- Crushed Garlic.
- Seasoning of choice (I used Fish Spice).
- Salt & Pepper.
- Line a baking tray with tinfoil and Spray & Cook.
- Pat the fillets dry with paper towel and lay them on the baking tray.
- Season with Fish Spice, Salt & Pepper.
- Add a generous amount of crushed garlic on top.
- Place a few knobs of butter on each fillet.
- Turn Grill function on to a medium heat and grill for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip the fillets over and repeat the process of seasoning and adding the garlic and butter.
- Grill for a further 5 minutes and remove.
- Fish is done when it starts to curl slightly and pull away from the bone easily.
- Serve with Lemon Mayonnaise if desired (see below).
- 4 Tbsp mayo
- 1 lemon, juiced
- (mix together)