This recipe tastes as good as it looks! The parmesan and panko crumbs really work well together and create a fabulous crispy topping.
Parmesan Crumbed Kob
A crispy, crunchy topping which would suit most white fish.
- 1 x Kob fillet, skin on
- 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 20g melted butter
- Salt & pepper
- 4 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 lemon
- Remove the fish from packaging and pat dry with paper towel on both sides.
- Line a baking tray with foil and grease with Spray & Cook.
- Place the fillet on the foil skin down.
- Spoon the mustard onto the fish and spread evenly so that the entire fillet is coated.
- Season the fillet with salt and pepper.
- In a separate dish combine the parmesan, panko crumbs, parsley, garlic and melted butter to make the crumb topping.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the fish until the entire fillet is coated.
- Place the fish in the oven on a medium grill on the highest rack for approximately 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Keep an eye on the fish so as not to let the crumbs burn. If the crumb topping is burning, drop the fish to the middle rack and cook for a few minutes extra.
- Serve with lemon mayonnaise: in a small dish combine the mayonnaise with the juice of 1 lemon, stir and enjoy!
The Fish Wife https://fishwife.co.za/