Garlic and Herb Pan Fried Angel Fish
Before I get started with this juicy recipe, let me first give you a quick guide to easily removing the pin bone from your Greenfish Angel Fish fillets.
Place your fillets on a chopping board and identify the long pin bone running down the centre.
Using a sharp knife run the blade along either side of the pin bone, removing it from the centre.
Wasn’t that easy… pin bone removed and two beautiful fillets ready to get soaked in garlic, butter and herbs!
Now that you have successfully removed the pin bone, lets get stuck into our recipe!
- 4 x Greenfish Angel Fish Fillets (pin boned)
- 2 x lemons or 6 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4 x garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoon dried Thyme
- 2 teaspoon dried Mixed Herbs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- In glass dish add the juice of two lemons, minced garlic cloves, herbs, salt and pepper and cover the fish fillets with the marinade on both sides.
- Leave covered in the fridge for approximately half an hour.
- In a frying pan add the butter and olive oil and heat the pan on a high heat.
- Add the fish to the sizzling pan (reduce the heat to medium).
- Allow the fish to cook for approximately 3-5 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Baste the fish with the butter and olive oil frequently while cooking.
- Fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork.