Pan Fried Abalone
I was lucky enough to get my hands on some fresh farmed abalone from Greenfish. Farmed sustainably in Hermanus, this awesome source of Omega 3 has a unique flavour. Utterly delicious!
Pan Friend Abalone
- 6 fresh abalone
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp crushed salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 50g butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Clean abalone with a vegetable brush thoroughly to remove any black residue.
- Pat dry with paper towel.
- Slice abalone into thin rounds (I managed to get about 2-3 slices from each abalone).
- Using a meat mallet, pound the abalone until tender.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper together in a bowl.
- Dip abalone slices into the flour mixture, coating evenly and set aside in a separate dish.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a pan on a high heat and wait until it's bubbling.
- Fry the coated abalone slices in the pan for 2 minutes a side until nice and golden.
- Remove from the pan and place on paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve with lemon mayonnaise (recipe in notes).
My easy Lemon Mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp mayo
- 1 lemon, juiced
- (mix together)
The Fish Wife https://fishwife.co.za/