The Ultimate Tuna Marinade
Here’s a delicious marinade which incorporates sweet, salty and a dash of citrus! The perfect combination for any tuna lover. This marinade is versatile and will suit tuna for the braai or stove. Bon appetite!
- 3-4 Yellowfin Tuna Steaks
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil (or olive oil)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Oregano fresh (alternatively you can use dried)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Salt & Pepper
- Place tuna steaks in a big ziplock bag.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a jug and pour into the bag with the tuna steaks.
- Make sure the bag is sealed properly and pop in the fridge. (I placed my bag in a braai dish just to make sure that if there was some leakage it wouldn't make a mess).
- Leave the steaks for 2-3 hours, or overnight, turning the bag over occasionally.
- Remove from the bag and braai or pan fry as you please! Use the excess marinade to baste as you go! Enjoy.