Yellowtail on the Braai
With the weather warming up for summer, braai season is in the air! And what better way to celebrate a perfect summer evening than a lekker fish braai.
This recipe is seriously simple and quick to put together. Make sure to read our simple method to removing Yellowtail pin bones before you attempt this recipe.
- 1 pack of Greenfish Yellowtail Fillets
- 2 tsp of Crushed Garlic
- 2 Red Onions
- 1 Lemon
- A few knobs of Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Place your pin boned fillet of fish on a piece of foil (shiny side up) large enough to cover the whole fillet
- Smear the fillet with the crushed garlic
- Cut your red onions into slices and place along the fillet
- Generously place your knobs of butter along the fillet
- Cut your lemon into slices and place along the fillet
- Sprinkle with coriander and seasoning
- Cover with the foil and place on grid above medium coals (you should only be able to hold your hand over the grid for 10 seconds)
- Cook for approximately 20 minutes until the flavours soak into the fish
- Your fish is done when it flakes with a fork but is still moist and juicy
- If your tinfoil starts to puff up, you have secured it tightly enough so as not to lose any of the moisture and juices.