Cajun Pan Fried Calamari
Squid is simply delicious, but who knew that such a small little creature of the ocean could hold such wonderful health benefits for our diet as it is loaded in the Vitamin B’s:
Vitamin B2: The plentiful quantities of Vitamin B2 found in squid can lower migraines.
Vitamin B3: This fabulous vitamin helps to stabilise sugar levels in the blood.
Vitamin B12: Here’s to a healthy heart with Vitamin B12 (riboflavin), which is known to lower homocysteine levels in the body, preventing the rate of strokes and heart attacks.
So here is a simple recipe to quickly pan fry all these fabulous Vitamin B’s into a delicious lunch or dinner! Enjoy.
- 1. Squid Tubes and Tenticles (cleaned) - I used 1 x 1kg pack from Greenfish Traders
- 2. Butter
- 3. Garlic
- 4. Cajun Spice
- 5. Salt & Pepper
- 6. Lemon or Lemon Juice
- 7. Sushi Mayonnaise or tartar sauce
- Heat a dry pan on the stove at high heat
- Pan fry the calamari for approx a minute or two to allow it to release any excess water
- Take the calamari off the heat, drain in a colander and set aside
- Pop a good helping of butter into your clean pan
- Add a good helping of garlic
- Throw the dry calamari back into the pan
- Add some cajun spice and salt & pepper
- Fry in the spices for approx 3-5 minutes
- Remove from the heat and squeeze some lemon juice over
- Enjoy with a touch of Sushi Mayonnaise or tartar sauce